Chair: David Raab, ’19
Meeting Time: Contact Chair
Meeting Location: Student Government Suite
Rules and Elections plays a unique and distinct role by overseeing all student government elections and checking the constitutionality of the Senate’s By-Laws. It also maintains and oversees the student petition process. Its membership is set by the Union Constitution and draws from the Student Senate, Executive Board, Judicial Board, Undergraduate Council, Greek Councils, and Independent Council, alongside members at large.
- GM Week 2017
- Class of 2021 Freshman Elections
- All Past Freshman and GM Week Elections!
- Rensselaer Union Voting System — Electronic voting system to replace scantron use and paper balloting. Approved by the Student Senate for use starting GM Week 2015.
- Petition/Referendum Handbook — Handbook and Bylaws Amendment establishing official rules for the student petition process. Approved by the Student Senate March 9th and March 11th, 2015.
- RPI Petitions — An easy-to-access digital petition system promoting a stronger student voice and collaborative community activism. RPI students may create and sign petitions to gain support for their issues, causes, or ideas. Created in collaboration with Grand Marshal, Web Technologies Group, and RIT Student Government Released March 18, 2015.
- New Election Form Design — Redesigned elections forms and handbook to conform with Rensselaer Union branding and promotion efforts. Released for use in GM Week 2015.
RnE is a closed committee, with set membership nominated by different groups on campus. Contact the chair for more information on how to get involved.
To view RnE public documents, visit the RPI Box Repository