Chair: Austin Miller ‘17
Meeting Time: Tuesdays, 5PM
Meeting Location: Student Government Suite
Mission Statement: “To enable student input and concerns as they pertain to the campus facilities, food services, transportation services, and safety around RPI’s campus through student-driven projects and initiatives.”
The committee pursues projects relevant to that mission, and manages two sub-committees: the Green Revolving Fund Committee (GRF) and the Hospitality Services Advisory Committee (HSAC). GRF aims to bring a self-sustaining fund for environmental initiatives, using money saved from sustainable projects to fuel additional green efforts. HSAC works with Hospitality Services at RPI to provide student input into the quality and direction of Rensselaer dining services.
- Picnic Table Installations — Collaborative funding effort with the Union and Administrative Division to bring picnic tables to high-traffic campus areas, encouraging involvement from various student groups. Funding has been approved and tables are ordered.
- Crosswalk Safety Proposal — Proposal detailing crosswalk safety concerns among the RPI student body, and promoting community action. Received by Administration Division following Senate effort.
- Campus Parking Evaluation — Working with Auxiliary Services to address student concerns and reports, and develop potential solutions to parking concerns.
- Campus Facilities Feedback Form — A web platform that would allow students to readily report issues with facilities on campus, such as labs or classrooms. Deferred to Web Technologies Group.
- Meal Plan Long-Term Goals — (HSAC) — Proposal outlining HSAC’s long-term goals for Rensselaer meal plans as part of ongoing negotiations with Hospitality Services.
- Green Revolving Fund Starter Proposals — (GRF) —Three starter projects to kick off the Green Revolving Fund: Green Software, Green Exit Signs, and Sustainable Windows.
- Public Safety Forum — a student driven discussion on campus safety, with numerous administrators from Public Safety and the Administration Div
- Campus Light Walk — evaluating the lighting and safety of the Troy campus and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Car Sharing Initiative — Large-scale proposal to introduce a car-sharing program such as zipcar or enterprise car-share to the RPI campus, promoting sustainability and communiversity among RPI students. Pursued under the 44th Student Senate
- Moe’s Southwestern Grill — Everyone’s favorite southwestern option, Moe’s was brought to campus as a Senate-driven collaboration with Sodexo, replacing the underused Java cafe.
- Off-Campus RAD Evaluation — Evaluation of the off-campus Rensselaer Advantage Dollars program, examining its use and effectiveness among various external vendors. Pursued by the 43rd Student Senate
- Introduction of Half Dozen Eggs in Fathers’ Marketplace
- Revival of Arizona in Fathers
- New Vending Machine on 4th floor of Folsom Library